Friday, October 5, 2007

Real Ginger Ale

2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
2 lemon rinds
honey to taste
1 cup boiling water
1 quart seltzer
Put the ginger and lemon rinds in a small bowl with the honey. Pour in
boiling water, just enough to cover. Let steep for 5 minutes. Strain and chill. When ready to serve, add seltzer.

Sounds damn yummy! I can't wait to try it, but thought I might as well share the wealth. Perhaps it will stop my dry heaves. Remember when your parents plied you with ginger ale when you were sick? I wonder if that was just to keep you hydrated, or if there were once health benefits to the ginger? If I weren't so damn lazy, I'd look it up. Discuss amongst yourselves.

2 comments:

The Kneurotic Knitter said...

Yes, there are many health benefits to ginger! One use for ginger is to alleviate nausea. Candied ginger is the best for that sort of thing. There's even a company that makes "ginger chews" that are really good ... I take them with me when I fly to avoid the Dramamine haze but to avoid getting motion sickness.

If you can't find them, e-mail me your address and I would be happy to send you some.

rachel said...

that sounds yummy. i don't know much about the health effects of ginger, but oters can attest to that. i like what tastes good. and that sounds good. the end.