Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's my Party!

It's my burfday! In honor of my 31st year, I bring you random fiber related art!




"Knitting Practice" - Helen Arcker Farmer
Boy, this woman looks strong and full of grace.
That's my birthday wish for the next 30 years.



1879 - "Tricoteuse" - Adolphe-William Bouguereau
This girl smolders, doesn't she?
I'm going to try to cultivate a smoldering look as I knit.
She looks jaded, sarcastic, and sexy as hell!


1869 - "The Knitting Girl" - Adolphe-William Bouguereau
I do love this guy's work-especially his use of light and shadow.



2003 - "The 26,000" - Shane Waltener
"26,000 knots suspended above the knot garden at St Mary’s Churchyard, one for each of the 26,000 bodies buried there"



2005?- "Tree Cozy" - Carol Hummel
Holy shit! That takes a whole new level of spatial planning and forethought!
How did she know when to start another branch, unless she was sitting in the tree while she knit?!?


Had to leave you with a stunner.
No name for this one.
Check out the rest-I'm especially fond of the pink unicorn!

No comments: